IT, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
What if every HBCU student in the nation had a personal coach to help them reach their education and career goals? That’s the vision of InsideTrack’s new Center of Coaching Excellence. As a leader in holistic coaching for college students, we currently support 50 HBCUs and PBI partners. We are launching a center of excellence to centralize and curate the best learning and insights coming from our work so we can share it across our partner institutions and also with the broader higher education community for widespread impact. We want to support all students to reach their full potential towards their educational and career goals.
Join InsideTrack and you will be part of a team that is intentional about how coaching can strengthen community, belonging, success and degree completion among black students and the institutions that serve them. Working alongside organizational partners such as UNCF and the Partnership for Education Advancement, your contributions will help bring the big picture forward so we optimize our delivery of coaching and also help institutions learn from each other in a community of practice.
Are you ready to apply your data and analytical skills to make a positive, measurable difference in people’s lives? Do you believe in the power of education?
InsideTrack, widely recognized as one of the most innovative and mission-driven organizations in postsecondary student success, is looking for a talented Senior Data Analyst to join our Solutions Team.
InsideTrack is a nonprofit organization that’s passionate about helping all learners achieve their education and career goals through the transformative power of coaching. Since 2001, we’ve served more than 2.6 million students, partnering with over 250 institutions and organizations to directly improve enrollment, persistence, completion and career readiness.
Our growing organization offers a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion, job fulfillment, personal growth, and work-life balance. Join us in our mission to expand our impact as we improve lives and create social change.
The role of Data Analyst will play an integral role in providing insights and analysis for our coaching services and student-facing products. This role will shape the way business and program performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and contributing to the development of programs.
They will work side by side with our product managers and engineers, and in close partnership with other business intelligence and operational teams.
This role may be considered for a Senior Data Analyst depending on the candidates skills and experience.
- Interact with data analysts and power users to define metrics to support data models.
- Gather and document customer requirements for reporting and data analytics.
- Provide a consultative approach when working with clients, communicating best practices to achieve client goals.
- Provide support and triage for issues related to customer programs.
- Validate quality of reporting and analysis through QA processes.
- Maintain code in GitHub repository, including providing actionable and timely feedback for peers through code review.
- Partner directly with customer to ensure best practices, and compliance with standardized formats are followed for program success.
- Manage workload and raise issues around inability to meet deadlines.
- Provide feedback on business processes, and areas of process improvement.
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to the product team.
- Collaborate effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders, co-workers, vendors, and leadership to create new ideas for solutions that solve internal business challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, preferred. (Applicable years of experience may be substituted for the degree.)
- 3-5 years of experience working in data analytics.
- Experience working with Historically Black Colleges and Universities is a plus (HBCUs)Experience collaborating with marketing/design is a plus.
- Expert-level SQL skills and experience working with modern data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc).
- Ability to design, develop and support dashboards and reports in Looker or similar data visualization tool (Tableau, Periscope, Metabase, etc).
- Understanding of best practices for visual display of quantitative data.
- Experience working across the full stack of data analysis, including ETL, data modeling (dbt experience a plus), data analytics, and data visualization.
- ·Strong understanding of the analytics work stream and its business objectives (data extraction, manipulation, cleansing; descriptive exploratory data analysis; statistical modeling; presentation of analysis results).
- Deep curiosity on how to look at data from different angles, to gain insights and understandings that are not always obvious.
- High attention to detail and organization; able to account for and articulate the exact impact of changes in inputs on changes in output.
- Able to prioritize, work independently in a less structured work setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to an audience of diverse backgrounds and skills.
Position will require periodic travel, up to 5% of time, with some overnight travel
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter of interest and a current resume.
Diversity in Recruiting
As part of InsideTrack’s ongoing commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and in recognition of the many ways that individuals may be negatively impacted by systemic oppression, for example, negative stereotypes and biases that discourage minoritized people from applying to leadership positions — including Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ people, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized communities.
Strada is the parent company of InsideTrack. At InsideTrack our mission is to fuel social mobility and close equity gaps by empowering and advancing all learners. We use the power of coaching to support individuals in achieving their educational and career goals — transforming lives and organizations while creating social change. Join our team and help make a difference!
If you would like to learn more about the 20-year history of InsideTrack and review videos of our coaching in action, please check out our InsideTrack Impact Report here.
See more open positions at RoadTripNation
Something looks off?