Head of Operations - Remote (Mexico, USA, Canada) - $110kpa + $22k Bonus (uncapped) + Equity
SAM Labs is an award-winning EdTech start-up. Founded in 2014, growing fast, making a difference, and venture capital funded. With over 5,000 school customers in 60+ countries already using SAM Labs products and lesson materials, SAM Labs is looking for more talent to join its team!
SAM Labs inspires generations of problem solvers with Coding and STEAM. We empower teachers with innovative curriculum resources, tools, and the mindset to do so. Teachers and students learn with SAM Labs kits and lessons by designing anything from energy efficient lighting grids for ‘smart’ cities to solar-powered habitats for endangered species - all the while meeting curriculum standards.
As the Head of Operations, you will oversee Business Operations & Strategy, Non-US Sales, Supply Chain (from Manufacturing to Fulfillment and Returns), HR, and Legal. You will be part of the senior leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO, and occasionally presenting to the Board of Directors. You will manage a team of 3 across these 4 verticals.
- Business Operations & Strategy: Align the company with strategic goals through OKR setting, ad-hoc workstreams, and performance tracking.
- International Sales (non US): Lead a team of 1.5 to drive international sales and revenue growth.
- Supply Chain: Oversee a team of 1.5 from procurement to production and fulfillment.
- HR & Legal: Manage HR processes, legal compliance, and contractual obligations.
- Willingness to travel once a quarter to leadership team offsites
- Willingness to travel at least once a year to our manufacturing sites and warehouses.
- Willingness to travel at least once a year to our biggest markets outside of the US.
- Minimum of 5 years of operations experience, preferably in EdTech or a related industry.
- Proven experience in leading teams and driving cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, or a related field. MBA is a plus. 6 sigma certification is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Application review
- Introductory questions
- Interview with a member of the leadership team
- Short assignment
- Final interview
- Job Offer
To apply, or to find out more information, submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this pivotal role. We look forward to welcoming you to our ambitious team.