Work from Home Sales Consultant
Work from home Fair Consultant.
Scholastic Book Fairs are wondrous in-person experiences that empower kids to discover books for themselves. Taking place in schools and rooted in Scholastic’s greater mission to use the power of books for the betterment of all kids, Fairs bring entire communities together.
At Scholastic Book Fairs, we bring “the best school day of the year” in 110,000 unique pop-up shops annually. Irresistibly defying expectations of how one must act in a library, Fairs raise over 200 million dollars in funds and resources for schools that host Fairs. And we’re just getting started…
We’re here to deliver an experience that inspires kids toward greatness. In everything we do, we are committed to ensuring every kid, parent, caregiver, teen/tween, book fair organizer, and Employee feels seen, respected, and welcome as part of the Scholastic Book Fairs family
We are currently in search of Fair Consultants to help grow the Book Fair business. These full time positions offer medical, dental and vision benefits, a paid time off program that includes vacation, personal days and sick time, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, a 401k, and the opportunity for summers off.
Qualified candidate will be able to achieve budgeted Fair Counts, net revenue and overall sales program goals in assigned territory through effective execution of the sales and servicing methods of the company. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Anticipated Orientation/Start Date - 1/8/24
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
This hourly position has estimated annual compensation ranges for associates currently in this role as follows:
$39,300 - $52,000, in addition to semi-annual and annual bonus earnings.
Market and Event Management
Achieve budgeted revenue goals within assigned territory by:
- Conducting thorough strategy calls with customers, influencing and educating them on how to implement solutions to match their needs.
- Developing product, merchandising, and service expertise, in order to consult customers on the best way to conduct successful events.
Achieve budgeted fair event count by:
- Retaining current customer base or market share by rebooking events using standard business rules.
- Prospecting within assigned market to secure additional events by stimulating interest in additional book fairs, sold as a solution to schools’ fundraising and literacy goals.
- Solidifying customer commitment to conduct book fair events, to ensure that scheduled business is secure.
- Addressing any potential loss of accounts or events in a timely manner, involving territory team or manager as needed.
Maximize time and territory planning through effective use of technology to support service and sales processes by:
- Maintaining current, accurate sales/service documentation in Salesforce for all activities within assigned territory aligned with company standards.
- Executing tasks, recognizing opportunities, taking independent action with customer situations, and readjusting priorities in order to meet service standards and assigned goals.
- Organizing workflow to maximize efficient use of phone, text, email, and video technology to connect with customers.
- Develop and expand customer relationships with each account including: school personnel, district contacts and parent organizations by understanding and meeting their needs.
- Provide value, and ensure exceptional customer experience by delivering on commitments made.
- Listen patiently and carefully to customers by demonstrating genuine interest in their circumstances.
- Maintain high levels of service by taking swift action to address any customer service concerns.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled meetings with territory team to develop and execute goals, plans and revenue driving activities.
- Share Outlook account calendar with team members to effectively communicate ongoing activities, in addition to following business rules for maintaining current account and opportunity level notes in Salesforce.
- Follow the standard processes for assigning Support Team members to optimize account revenue and fair count results for the company.
- Promote and engage in collaboration between operations and sales to ensure operational guidelines and procedures are met.
Functional Expertise/Personal Effectiveness
- Support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
- Work with business partners to implement new technologies, staying abreast of current sales process/expectations as developed.
- Work effectively in situations involving shifting priorities and rapid change, demonstrating ability to cope well with challenging circumstances.
- Attend Scholastic Book Fairs exhibits, events, school fairs, etc., as assigned and required by management.
- Maintain business confidentiality relative to compensation, customer lists, financial data, competition, methods of distribution and other sensitive information.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Territory Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of proven successful sales experience in telephone sales, personal selling, and customer service.
- Proficiency with MS Office software, SalesForce/CRM technology and telecommuting software such as Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet.
- Proven ability to build and grow revenue while adding value for customers.
- Familiarization with children’s literature, Book Fairs, and school activities is a plus.
- Ability to execute a vision, manage multiple priorities, and achieve results.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation and telephone skills with an aptitude for customer relationship building.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with peers, superiors (cross functional and throughout the organization) and customers.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs, push/pull up to 300lbs.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure adherence to all local, state, and federal laws, including but not limited to OSHA, DOT, and EEOC.
Time Type:Full time
Job Type:Regular Seasonal
Job Family Group:Sales
Compensation Range:Annual Salary: 39,300.00 - 52,000.00
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran. Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination.