Staff Product Manager
We’re looking for a Staff Product Manager to drive critical product initiatives across the Skilljar product. You will drive the vision, strategy, and execution of impactful learning experiences. We are building industry-leading learning experience products to transform learners to experts, enable program owners to drive and show the impact of their programs to the business, and help content creators make engaging instructive content.
Skilljar operates remotely with employees (affectionately called Skillets) based across the United States. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Series B company with Fortune 1000 and mid-market customers!
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the market to ensure we are driving innovation and building for customer needs. Stay up-to-date with the latest relevant trends and AI technologies in the customer education space.
- Own product strategy and roadmap for new features to drive customer education outcomes. Incorporate customer and market feedback, competitive analysis, and business goals.
- Execute on the roadmap with product/feature definition, success metrics, experimentation plans, high quality releases, go-to-market plans, post-launch continuous improvement, and operational excellence. Collaborate with design and engineering to innovate quickly.
- Mentor product managers in product craft.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across functions, and with enterprise customers on roadmap and critical issues.
- At least 8+ years of product management experience working in a fast-paced technology environment, ideally enterprise software and/or B2B SaaS
- Proven skills building and launching successful products in SaaS, B2B, or B2B2C working directly with and influencing/inspiring enterprise customers, and serving multiple user and business personas.
- Strong sense of product design with the ability to manage business goals, product goals, and customer goals.
- Demonstrated success producing product management artifacts such as opportunity briefs, prioritized roadmaps, product specs, user stories, wireframes, and customer-facing docs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external audiences at various levels and functions.
- Working knowledge and/or use of public cloud infrastructure, AI, Generative AI, data & analytics, and agile methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Skilljar Base Pay Philosophy:
At Skilljar, we strive for salary range transparency in our hiring process. This is a major step towards not only complying with state and local regulations where required, but also to make sure Skilljar is putting pay equity and DEIB top of mind during the hiring process. Base salary is only a part of the total rewards package - this role will also be eligible for a new hire equity grant in the form of stock options, and sales commission. Below is the base salary range for this role:
All Remote US: $190,000 - $200,000
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Paid Parental Leave: For our employees starting or growing their families, Skilljar offers paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401(k) savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is now a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, North Carolina, New York, Missouri and Virginia.