Partnerships and Business Development Coordinator
Sales & Business Development
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
At StraighterLine we are on a mission to help students succeed!
StraighterLine is the leading provider of high-quality, affordable, online courses that help learners earn college credit and meet their professional goals. Each year, 150,000 learners take one of StraighterLine’s 215 courses to upskill into new careers or earn credit from over 2,000 colleges and universities worldwide. StraighterLine works with institutions and corporate partners to provide their students and employees with flexible education options that allow them to work and learn at their own pace. Visit www.straighterline.com for more information.
Working at StraighterLine
StraighterLine team members work every day knowing that they are helping learners on their path to employability and career success. We're an inclusive team that fosters collaboration, that trusts and communicates openly. Like our students, we are lifelong learners and strive for excellence in our work. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions to the field - your ideas will never go unheard. And, best of all, we love to celebrate each other's contributions and wins.
We also know how important a life outside of work is, and the support that employers can contribute.
See the end of this posting to learn more about our great benefits.
Come and join us - we are hiring!
The Partnership and Business Development Coordinator will work closely with the Manager of Partnerships to engage new and existing relationships, communicating directly with existing and prospective clients. This role will assist with the day-to-day operations, communications, and strategic development of the Partnership team to maximize revenue through strategic partner relationships.
The position will report to the Manager of Partnerships.
While this is a mostly remote role - we like to bring people together in person from time to time. We are looking for candidates based in the Washington, DC/Baltimore metro area who are able to come into our Arlington, VA office twice a month.
- Support, develop and manage relationships with existing and potential partners across various universities and companies
- Encourage client utilization through onboarding and regular communications
- Assist manager with scheduling meetings, setting agendas, and related follow up from partner calls
- Enter information into the CRM (Salesforce) and maintain an accurate and updated database of client information and activities
- Respond promptly to client inquiries and escalate issues as needed
- Collaborate with internal colleagues such as marketing, product support, operations and student support services
- Develop and maintain understanding of StraighterLine’s products and offerings and effectively communicate to clients or prospects
- Actively participate in internal brainstorms to iterate on existing partnership support
- Minimal travel to tradeshows and conferences when necessary
- Perform other related duties as defined by departmental and organizational needs
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience in commercial or related functions
- Track record of establishing strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
- Excellent attention to detail with thorough follow-up
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assume responsibility for quality results
- Thrive in a dynamic, fluid team environment and able to deal with ambiguity
- Experience in HigherEd a plus
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage (*one option full funded by StraighterLine)
401K Safe Harbor plan: StraighterLine contributes 3% of your total salary whether you contribute or not
Six weeks paid parental leave
Free StraighterLine courses for you and your family members
See more open positions at Straighterline
Something looks off?