Strategic Education, Inc.
White Marsh, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
This position serves as primary admissions counsel to Strayer’s prospective students, educating adult students about online degree programs, career outcomes, financing, and satisfying academic prerequisites while helping to clarify key decision-points and solution alternatives which align with needs of the individual. Admissions Officers are responsible for handling all aspects of the campus’ student recruitment efforts in a fast-paced, service and compliance-driven environment.
Who we are:
- Hybrid workplace – work model supports a blend of in-office and remote.
- Passionate - we are deeply connected to our students and genuinely feel excitement for helping them realize their academic aspirations.
- Detail Oriented – we manage complex transactions with clear, transparent, and timely communication both internally and externally.
- Strong Ethical Standards - we maintain a critical focus and adherence to compliance requirements as defined by university policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- High Energy - our team possesses the energy and determination necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolled students.
- Committed to excellence - We value our employees and offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package and perks to show our appreciation.
- Dedicated to career development - as a learning organization we are committed to providing you with continuous learning resources, tuition assistance for employees and immediate family, and experiences you need no matter where you are in your career at SEI or what skills you want to gain.
Who you are:
- Passionate – you believe in the power of higher education.
- Heart and hustle – you have a strong internal drive and motivation.
- Problem Solver – you find ways to keep going despite obstacles.
- Listener – you don’t just hear people; you really listen to them.
- Enthusiastic – you’re genuinely excited about the prospect of changing potential students’ lives.
- Adaptable and organized – you remain flexible while maintaining organization and can pivot quickly and easily.
- Collaborator– you thrive in a team environment and are motivated by contributing to team success.
- Customer centric – you have at least 2-5 years of experience in a fast-paced environment, and you’ve demonstrated success in customer service, consultative sales, or account management.
- College graduate or maybe you have some college credits - bachelor’s degree or equivalent highly preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively respond to all prospective student inquiries.
- Set up face-to-face and/or phone interview appointments and conduct campus tours as appropriate.
- Interview prospective students to determine their educational background and future goals and objectives.
- Educate prospective students on the benefits of attending Strayer University, including our high-quality academic programs, convenient locations, flexible online and on-campus course offerings, and recommend appropriate course(s) of study.
- Assist prospective students with the application process and review qualifications for admission.
- Enroll new students, obtain appropriate basis of admission, ensure all prerequisites are satisfied, and previous college transcripts are ordered if applicable.
- Ensure prospective students’ admissions files are complete and assist students with the initial registration process.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including Student Academic Services, Student Financial Services, and the University Registrar’s Office.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.