Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are seeking a dynamic Accounts Payable Clerk with prior experience in a fast-paced cooperative team environment. The ideal candidate will be familiar with NetSuite and Workday software, self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented. Answering both vendor and internal inquiries will be a key factor in this role.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Process domestic/international invoices in NetSuite:
- Match invoices to approved purchase order (PO)
- Verify accurate coding/currency
- Obtain approvals for payment
- Complete weekly payment runs for both domestic and international. Payment runs include check, ACH, wires, and international type payments
- Provide timely customer service in answering any vendor or internal inquiries
- Prepare annual 1099 forms
- Perform monthly accounts payable reconciliations and month-end close tasks
- Assist with quarterly audit requests
- Assist in the resolution of any tax issues and provide information, as needed, to the FP&A team
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues and process improvement opportunities
Here's what you'll need to know/have:
- 1-3 or more years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a proactive approach to projects and daily tasks
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards completion of degree, preferred
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize tasks, establish timelines, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced cooperative team environment
- Flexible and willing to assist with any tasks, as needed
- Experience with NetSuite and Workday a plus
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.