Senior Data Warehouse Engineer - US Based Remote Opportunity
The Common Application Inc
Do you have a passion for higher education? Do you want to make a positive impact on the college admissions process? Our staff helps to remove barriers and encourage students forge their path to a better future. Common App is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the pursuit of access, equity, and integrity in the college admission process. Each year we support more than one million students, one-third of whom are first-generation, apply to our over 900 diverse member college & universities using the Common App's free online application. If you are a data warehouse professional, with full life cycle data warehouse development experience in an agile environment and want to be part of a mission-driven non-profit that uses innovative technology to advance the college admission process, Common App may be a great match for you.
We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer that demonstrates enthusiasm for the education technology market and a passion for creating products that can transform the lives of students. Reporting to the Associate Director Development, the individual in this role will understand, and apply enterprise level data warehouse technical standards, principles, concepts, techniques and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate to high scope and complexity.
This individual develops a deep knowledge and understanding of the data warehouse and data management assets (RDS) available within our data platforms and acts as the subject matter expert on the data and its utility for operational use. Your duties will include:
- Consulting with the data management group
- Creating and designing a refined data warehousing environment
- Extracting data from various internal and external sources
- Adding to the data warehouse’s capabilities
- Testing the environment upon completion
- Approximately six or more years of Data Warehousing and Data Modeling design & development experience.
- Individuals should possess experience writing T-SQL, Stored Procs and Events.
- Strong knowledge of coding languages such as Python, Glue, AWS SDK, and AWS Console.
- Experience using AWS services such as DMS, S3, Glue, Athena and NoSQL.
- Experience working in ETL/ELT and using concepts of CI/CD like CloudFormation, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, or other services outside of AWS like Git or other source controls.
- Ability to write AWS CloudFormation templates & stacks.
- Individuals must work effectively as an individual contributor and team member in a highly collaborative, diverse, virtual environment.
Common App is a virtual first environment. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Vacation Leave (starting at 10 days per year)
- Sick Leave (15 days per year)
- Paid Holidays (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving Day)
- Floating Holidays (9 days to be used at employee’s discretion)
- Medical (2 plan options with Cigna including an option for 100% employee coverage)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with annual employer contribution starting at $1,500 or Flexible Spending Account (FSA), depending on plan election
- Dental (plan with MetLife offering 100% employee coverage)
- Vision benefits (plan with Cigna offering 100% employee coverage)
- Short + Long Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Life + AD&D (100% employer paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life + AD&D insurances available
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Added compensation
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with 5% employer contribution + additional 5% employer match
- Stipends (virtual office set up and monthly remote work support)
- Future growth opportunities within the organization
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our staff, where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a diverse, collaborative, team-oriented, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
HOW DO I APPLY
To apply for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
Something looks off?