Virginia Licensed Clinical Therapist
Remote · Virginia, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Mental Health Counseling is part of a broad range of digital health services provided as part of a digital telehealth therapy service for members of the higher education, primarily college students. As a licensed mental health professional with TimelyCare you will offer therapy and support for the members/students we serve, partnering with them to identify their needs, develop individualized care plans, engage them to actively participate in their care progression. and guide them when necessary to the appropriate service (counseling, psychiatry, etc.). We have a mental health team comprised of clinical social workers (LI/CSW), professional counselors (LPC), mental health counselors (LMHC), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), and Doctorates of Clinical Psychology (Ph.D/Psy.D).
We are looking for Virginia licensed clinical social workers (LCSW), professional counselors (LPC), marriage and family therapists (LMFT), and Doctorates of Clinical Psychology (Ph.D/Psy.D) to join our Mental Health Team.
We offer a remote work environment. Work from Home criteria includes but is not limited to maintaining your own internet with approved speed requirements, secure workspace free from distractions, and successful completion of the training program. Adherence to HIPAA and governmental compliance are required in this role.
This role allows for a flexible schedule.
What You'll Do
- Provide therapeutic counseling services, including assessment, with primarily young adults (college students, members of a higher education institution, and their dependents)
- Assist with the crisis management system, coverage and follow-ups, as part of our TalkNow service
- A mix of scheduled counseling, crisis management, client facing, and quality assurance
- Participate in the quality assurance investigations to gather all applicable facts
- Support the Director of Mental Health with client-facing related activities
- Execute on AIDET, providing high-quality bedside mannerProfessional conduct with all students, members peers, and support staff
- Leave appropriate documentation of encounter in the EHR (platform)
- Develop individualized tailored care plans following each student encounter
- Engage the patient in the care plan and work with cross functional teams / departments to support students needs and care continuation
- Adhere to established standards for documentation quality and code of ethics
- Engage in administrative type of activities per the direction of the Director of Mental Health
What You Bring
- Required: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC/LMHC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Associate therapists are not applicable for this position at this time
- Preferred: Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, LP/LCP)
- Strong clinical documentation, assessment, and active listening skills
- Experience with crisis intervention/de escalation and safety/treatment planning
- Background in providing services to young adults, adolescents, at risk populations, and/or experience working in community mental health, crisis triage, or a college counseling environment
- Strong communication and diagnostic skills
- Strong clinical writing, assessment, and active listening skillsClear and thorough clinical writing
- Active state license in Virginia
Who You Are
- Ability to respond with a high level of empathy, and support clients
- Ability to work as a team member, providing support, mentorship, and constructive feedback in interpersonal interactions
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of students we serve
- Ability to establish rapport, trust, and boundaries with students
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations
Benefits + Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- No work on your birthday!
- Variable bonus eligibility
- Company-sponsored Health insurance
- Company-paid group life insurance
- Malpractice insurance is provided
- State license expansion program with 100% application and renewal costs covered
- Free access to TimelyCare services for you and your immediate family
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) as an organization to give back to the community
Please note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us, as we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
TimelyCare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.