Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today.
This is an exciting time! Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction.
We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
This role asks you to embody our 7 cultural values (Radical responsibility, teamwork, creativity, win-win mindset, personal growth, empathy, and humility).
- Collaborate with the manager to gather and understand the needs of machine learning and determine the goals and strategies.
- Develop and refine machine learning algorithms for assessment scoring to support optimal learning paths.
- Develop and refine statistical models and predictive algorithms for user behaviors from learning science perspectives.
- Transform user data to provide recommendations for product design and improvement.
- Evaluate and validate machine learning algorithms using user data and efficacy study results.
- Conduct large-scale data mining and statistical analysis to inform and advance product development.
- Visualize and interpret statistical analysis results.
- Solve complex problems using multiple sources of user data Document machine learning algorithms and processes.
- Keep abreast of developments in machine learning.
- Natural language processing research experience is a plus
- A master’s degree or higher in computer science, statistics, mathematics, data science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of industry and/or research experience beyond the master’s degree
- Proficiency in data cleaning, data mining, and data visualization
- Experience with educational data Knowledge and experience in data structures, data representation, data governance, and research database design
- Fluency in SQL and relational databases
- Proficiency in probabilistic models, applied linear and multilevel models, diagnostics and sensitivity analyses, multivariate analyses, predictive modeling, segmentation analyses, time series, and experimental design.
- Fluency in using statistical/computer programming skills and programs such as R, Python, and SAS
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, willingness to learn new concepts and methodologies as needed, quickly, and apply them to new problem solving scenarios.
- Ability to work remotely with a high degree of autonomy while also contributing to working in a dispersed but collaborative team on high impact problems.
- Excellent communication skills and time management abilities
What we offer
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $100,000 and $140,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role is eligible to additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success.
Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com