Lead Unity Engineer, Tools Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
Transfr is seeking a talented Lead Unity Developer with experience in creating VR simulations and leading a development team to join us . In this role, you will be responsible for developing and leading the development of our Run Time Editor, a tool used for creating VR simulations, and ensuring its success. You will work closely with our team of designers, artists, and engineers to create a tool that meets the needs of our clients and provides an engaging and immersive experience.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. The role can operate 100% remote, or work with our team from our office in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
If you are passionate about VR and want to join a dynamic team working on cutting-edge projects, we encourage you to apply!
- Develop and lead the development of the Run Time Editor using Unity.
- Collaborate with the team to identify and prioritize features and requirements for the editor.
- Design and implement new features and tools for the editor, ensuring they are optimized for performance and scalability.
- Lead a team of developers, providing guidance, mentoring, and feedback as needed.
- Work with other leads to ensure the development process is efficient and effective.
- Ensure the tool is easy to use, intuitive, and delivers a seamless user experience.
- Stay up to date with the latest VR technologies and techniques to enhance the VR simulation experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience developing applications using Unity.
- 5+ years of experience in VR development, with a focus on simulations.
- Proven experience in developing custom tools and editors for/with Unity.
- Strong understanding of C# programming and Unity's API.
- Experience in optimizing VR applications for performance and scalability.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus.
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $160K and $200K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?