Sr Unity Engineer, Multiplayer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
Transfr is seeking a talented Multiplayer Unity Engineer with experience in creating multiplayer games and applications to join our team. In this role, you will work on developing the multiplayer aspect of our Run Time Editor, a tool used for creating VR simulations. You will work closely with our team of designers, artists, and engineers to create an immersive and engaging multiplayer experience.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. The role can operate 100% remote, or work with our team from our office in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
If you are passionate about VR and want to join a dynamic team working on cutting-edge projects, we encourage you to apply!
- Develop the multiplayer aspect of the Run Time Editor using Unity's networking features such as Netcode and Photon.
- Collaborate with the team to identify and prioritize features and requirements for the multiplayer aspect of the tool.
- Design and implement multiplayer game mechanics and systems.
- Ensure multiplayer gameplay is smooth and optimized for performance.
- Collaborate with the team to create an intuitive and user-friendly multiplayer user interface.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Stay up to date with the latest multiplayer game development technologies and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing multiplayer games or applications using Unity.
- Experience working with Unity's networking features, including Netcode and Photon.
- Strong understanding of C# programming and Unity's API.
- Experience in optimizing multiplayer games for performance and scalability.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus.
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $120K and $150K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
See more open positions at TransfrVR
Something looks off?