Account Executive, Higher Education
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
*For this role we are considering candidates based in Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, or Ohio as this will be the territory for the position*
At TRANSFR, we’re on a mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success. What began as an idea quickly transformed into a movement; TRANSFR is built on the understanding that we must disrupt the status quo in education, industry and government to create a more prosperous future for communities, one individual at a time.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today. Join us.
We’re a growing group of smart, innovative people who are passionate about our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals experience various careers, as well as developing the skills they need to be successful through hands-on instruction. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup and to make a significant and lasting impact both on our business, and on the way VR skill-based training is delivered.
The Account Executive will focus on building net new business for Transfr, in the Higher Education space. The position requires a solid understanding of sales processes, education/government sectors, stakeholder decision making, consultative selling, problem solving and developing compelling value propositions.
Our ideal candidate is skilled in consultative, technology sales specifically for EdTech solutions with a successful track record of quota attainment. Above all, they must possess a strong desire to serve as a true workforce development advocate and be passionate about helping others on their career path.
** This position will work on deals which are typically complex, consultative, and require a tailored strategy and solution to meet the needs of the customer. It is full-time, full-remote and requires someone residing in their assigned territory willing to travel domestically up to 40%.
TRANSFR Overview video: https://vimeo.com/530517393/d6213fad78
- This is a business development/hunting role where you will be expected to find creative ways to share TRANSFR’s vision with organizations in your territory/geographic region.
- Prospect, educate, qualify and develop opportunities in new key accounts.
- Create compelling proposals based on value propositions that align with customer needs.
- Work with customers over time to identify and develop additional upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Produce analysis comparing job market needs to misalignment with existing training infrastructure.
- Ability to display a high sense of emotional intelligence when negotiating high stakes opportunities with senior executives and Government leaders.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and execute campaigns and provide feedback to maximize their impact.
- Engage in the contracting process post signature including support to contract integration, change management, governance activities, up-sales and renegotiations.
- Treat inbound inquiries with extreme importance and a long-range mindset.
- Develop deal timelines and ensure that we meet deal milestones and deadlines, regularly updating activity in our CRM system.
- Consultative and relationship building individuals who are willing to take the time to understand our customers’ pain points, articulate value, and identify early adopters.
- Collect insights from users and potential users for our product development process.
- Own opportunities from start-to-finish, as our team is small and growing.
- 3+ years of experience carrying a personal sales quota.
- Proven experience in exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Experience in B2B SaaS, preferably Enterprise Accounts. Education and Government experience are a plus.
- Proven track record of long-term customer retention.
- Consultative sales experience and managing complex sales cycles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with CRM tools such as HubSpot and Salesforce
- Experience with Google Docs tools and software.
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality experience are a plus.
What we offer
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $90,000 and $110,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for variable compensation and additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
Learn more at transfrinc.com