Build Engineer (REMOTE, US)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today.
This is an exciting time! Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
Summary: Transfr, a leader in the virtual reality educational and training software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Build Engineer who can help create a robust CI/CD pipeline and to ensure an optimized workflow for development and QA teams.
This role requires someone with strong experience in Unity and build pipelines for game development and VR workflows. We are looking for someone who has worked as a build engineer in a medium to large team at a Unity-based company or studio. The ideal candidate will help build a robust CI/CD pipeline to support development as the company grows. We are looking for someone who is passionate about increasing developer productivity, reliability, and ensuring smooth development and engineering operations.
**This role can be fully remote or work on a hybrid schedule with our team based in NYC. To qualify, applicants must be able to work without restriction within the United States or Canada.**
- Maintain and improve the build system for multiple large Unity projects.
- Help develop and maintain a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Enhance build performance and streamline workflows.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to integrate new deployment processes.
- Manage source control branches effectively.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of the build and release process.
- Set up and maintain new servers/services to support the expanding operations.
- At least 5 year’s experience as a Build Engineer for medium to large projects, particularly with Unity in a game or VR studio environment.
- Proficiency in developing and managing CI/CD pipelines within Unity.
- Knowledge of Unity and Unity's scriptable build pipelines.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure.
- Strong skills in scripting and automation.
- Proficient in using GitHub and Perforce.
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt to new technologies efficiently.
- Proactive attitude in assisting others to enhance work efficiency and speed.
- Keen interest in best coding practices.
- Strong attention to detail
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $120K - $140K , with the base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to be a part of something BIG. join us. Create alternative pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada or United States without restriction**
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success.
Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com