UWorld is a worldwide leader in online test prep for college entrance, undergraduate, graduate, and professional licensing exams throughout the United States. Since 2003, over 2 million students have trusted us to help them prepare for high-stakes examinations.
We are seeking a Desktop engineer who is passionate about managing, maintaining, and monitoring the on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure. If you are looking for a small and dynamic team environment with a rapidly growing company, then this is a great time to join us.
- 4+ years of overall System Administration experience
- Experience in Office 365.
- Fortinet appliances and services are highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage Azure Active Directory, including GPO
- Knowledge of printers, PCs, and other user-based computer hardware, software, and operating systems (Windows & MAC)
- Knowledge on hardening systems and applications to meet regulatory and security requirements
- Experience in VLAN management, LAN, WAN, firewall, router, switch, VPN WiFi, etc.
- Strong knowledge of DHCP, DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, TLS, SNMP, ICMP, SSH, RDP, and Telnet
- Strong knowledge of IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) and IDS (Intrusion Detection System)
- Experience in assembling desktops, laptops, and Network-based mechanical skills for assembly and maintenance of servers and other network equipment
- Telecommunications knowledge including VoIP
- Experience in Software, hardware inventory/Asset management, CCTV cameras, and biometrics management
- Experience in setting up the machines and software installations using a centralized repository
- Troubleshooting experience in Windows, MAC, and Mobile devices
- Knowledge of data backup software and recovery methods
- Maintain network infrastructure and corresponding systems 24 X 7
- Maintain and install network hardware and software, including, firewalls, routers, switches, servers (primarily Windows), and virtualization operating software, storage, and peripherals
- Provide root cause analysis and review IT metrics to maintain quality control
- Restore data to servers and user directories as needed
- Harden and maintain security on servers, network infrastructure, and supporting technologies
- Maintain complete infrastructure change documentation and ensure management authorization is obtained prior to any changes to network configurations, hardware, software, or operating systems
- Provide direct user computer assistance when directed
- Continue to obtain training and knowledge on an ongoing basis and share information with other IT Support staff
- Demonstrate a complete working knowledge of our disaster recovery procedures, locations, and vendor support
- Provide weekend after-hours support on a rotational basis with other IT Support staff
- Assist with IT Support Help Desk technical questions, research, training, and direct user assistance as needed
- Help with hardware/software repairs and troubleshooting on workstations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills and ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work effectively within a changing environment that is going through high growth
- Exceptional follow-through, personal drive, and ability to understand direction and feedback