Editor - UWorld/Themis Legal Education Department
Are you passionate about education, and do you have a keen eye for detail? UWorld, a leading provider of educational resources, is seeking a talented and enthusiastic editor to join our Legal Education Team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in shaping the future of legal education by contributing to the development of high-quality study materials.
- Review and edit a variety of legal content to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to UWorld's high editorial standards. This includes outlines, essays, multiple-choice questions, and more!
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Word templates tailored to the specific needs of legal study materials, ensuring a cohesive and professional presentation.
- Implement standardized formatting and style guidelines to enhance consistency and readability across all legal education materials.
- Work closely with the legal education team, graphic designers, and publishing department to create engaging and effective study materials.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to identify and address any issues related to content accuracy, consistency, and overall quality.
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and accessible manner.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word (required) and Adobe InDesign (preferred) for document formatting, template creation, design layout, and styling.
- A genuine interest in contributing to the improvement of legal education, and a commitment to promoting student success.
- A strong understanding of legal concepts, principles, and practices (strongly preferred).
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving project requirements and deadlines.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and take initiative, requiring minimal direction to deliver high-quality results.
- Ability and willingness to work in our Dallas office, fostering effective communication and collaboration with on-site and off-site attorney author team members.
At UWorld, we believe in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where every team member's contribution is valued. As an editor in our Legal Education Department, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the education and success of aspiring legal professionals.
If you are passionate about legal education and possess the skills to contribute to our dynamic team, we invite you to apply and be a part of our mission to provide top-notch educational resources.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and interest in the position. We look forward to welcoming you to the UWorld family!
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation (contingent on experience)
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours), parental leave, bereavement, and 8 hours of volunteer time
- A generous paid holiday schedule that includes the entire week of Christmas
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability and pet insurance)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 5% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- Annual professional and career development opportunities available
- Relaxed work environment that offers flexibility to work remotely 1 day per week
- Social Committee that offers an inclusive environment to get to know coworkers in a fun way
- Daily on-site group fitness classes
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.