Senior Customer Retention Specialist (Work from Home)
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is looking for international Senior Retention Specialists based in Costa Rica to join our team! Varsity Tutors is transforming how people learn with new and innovative technology, and offers a full suite of learning products that are personalized to the needs of every learner. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Come join our fast growing team and help people get the educational help they need!
Senior Retention Specialists are advocates for the clients of Varsity Tutors. They assess needs, manage accounts to drive customer engagement, and increase retention by efficient and empathetic issue resolution. This is a full time, remote position focused on retaining existing customers during high-level escalations. Senior Retention Specialists will work closely with our sales and training teams and help ensure a positive experience for our clients.
Location: Fully Remote - Based in Costa Rica
Training: The training runs for 4 weeks from 9am-5:30pm CDT, Monday-Friday. The first training week is a live, interactive classroom style type setting completely free of outside distractions. You would begin your set schedule (including evenings/weekends) after the training weeks are complete.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours a week, with at least 2 evenings and every other weekend required based on available shifts (shifts to be adjusted seasonally based on demand if needed). Operating Hours are from 7:00am CDT - 10:00pm CDT (U.S. time zones)
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, on-demand study support, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Fluent in English
- 3+ years experience with high-level customer escalations in account management, client relations, hospitality, or tourism, preferably over the phone.
- Education, teaching, or tutoring experience is preferred, but not required
- High empathy and emotional intelligence, with the ability to understand families' educational needs and make product/service recommendations
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Conflict management skills and the ability to use high level judgment when managing customer defects
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Equipment requirements: Required: PC or Mac with 8 GB of RAM.
- Network requirements: High-speed Internet access (50 Mbps download, 10 Mbps upload) via wired ethernet connection; no Wi-Fi, Satellite or Cellular Hotspot or Cellular Internet
- Conduct and effectively manage high-volume of inbound phone calls to support current customers
- Deflect cancellation requests with a solutions oriented approach that instills confidence in the product
- Full ownership of existing customers that are at risk of canceling services
- Address complaints with the goal of increasing satisfaction and securing renewals or saves.
- Achieve client onboarding, retention, and engagement targets set by management
- Assess and understand the needs of our clients to be able to make recommendations for educational products and services
- Assist in client service and build strong relations with our students and families
- Manage client records to ensure proper follow-up
- Communicate effectively with internal team and external customers
- De-escalate and handle challenging situations on a regular basis
- Actively implement coaching and feedback in pursuit of providing customers with a high quality experience
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Hourly Rate ($12/hr USD)
- Full-Time Position (40 hours per week)
- Fully Remote Position
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
- A fast-paced, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture