Account Executive (K-12 Sales)
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is searching for a full-time Account Executive (K-12 Sales) to join our Varsity Tutors for Schools sales team! The Account Executive will be a critical part of expanding Varsity Tutors’ K-12 institutional business: They will be responsible for building relationships with key decision makers at the school district level in addition to selling Varsity Tutors’ suite of products to bring live-learning solutions to students district wide. They will be well-versed in the K-12 education landscape, including funding, state initiatives, demographics, and the procurement process for K-12 schools, which will help inform their overall sales strategy. They will use a process-driven approach to drive organic growth of the K-12 business and will be adaptive to developing new procurement strategies in the remote K-12 market. This role is remote but will require occasional travel based on the assigned territory. The individual in this role needs to exhibit a high level of professionalism and have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. The Account Executive will be an advocate for Varsity Tutors, its brand, and its suite of learning products and programs.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats, including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- 4+ years of successful education-sales experience.
- Bachelor-level degree in any major.
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency demonstrating technology-based learning solutions.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, web-based presentation tools, CRM, and video-conference tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer-relations skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Builds and manages a sales pipeline with schools to drive organic growth of the K-12 business.
- Develops and executes a prospecting strategy that sources new business opportunities through cold calling, client referrals, emails and networking.
- Maintains expertise in product knowledge of Varsity Tutors’ product suite, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Engages key stakeholders using effective consultative techniques including pre-call planning and productive questioning strategies that lead to winning business.
- Conducts consultative sales conversations to understand customer needs, highlight Varsity Tutors differentiators and provide product recommendations that meet the needs of school clients.
- Drives sales quickly to a close within the education system using a process driven procurement process.
- Understands the K-12 procurement process and accurately forecasts upcoming customer activity to sales leadership and executive team.
- Uses Salesforce to accurately track customer related activities, communication, market data, and critical issues.
- Achieves key success metrics and goals.
- Collaborates with colleagues from other departments to improve efficiency and facilitate a successful customer experience.
- Gathers customer feedback to understand the customer experience deeply and shares learnings to inform the field sales team, go-to market strategy, and product enhancements.
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles:
Relentless Focus on Customers | Comfort with Ambiguity | Ownership | Simplify | Intellectual Curiosity | Build Teams | Think Big | Insist on High Standards | Bias for Action | Build Trust | Go Deep | Have Conviction | Deliver Results | Are Right, a Lot
- 100% remote company. 60% travel required.
- Three-tier compensation package: Competitive base, variable compensation, and company equity (restricted stock units).
- Healthcare plans (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance).
- 401K-matching plan.
- Flexible PTO.
- 52 hours of free tutoring per year for you or your immediate family members.
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)