Senior Operations Analyst
Nerdy is seeking a data-driven Senior Operations Analyst to join our Market Operations team. The ideal candidate will be strong with operational excellence and analytics, display strong ownership, and have a bias for driving action and accountability. The individual in this role will help increase the operational rigor across the Market Operations function and other internal partner teams, where needed. This person will be responsible for working with leaders to identify the right inputs and drivers of team performance, create the necessary operational dashboards and push-reports, and help audit and drive corrective action when things are off-track. The Senior Operations Analyst will be expected to work with Market Operations teams and partner teams to create the right metrics, reports, and process in order for the existing teams to more effectively run their operation. This person will also help solve complex operational challenges to grow and expand our tutor marketplace in domestic and international markets.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, on-demand study support, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters/MBA Degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a business/operations analysis capacity using analytical tools and methods to identify trends and develop operational rigor across an organization
- Hands-on experience building forecasting and resource optimization models
- Advanced Excel skills and basic SQL skills are required
- Experience with data-visualization tools (i.e. Looker) is a plus
- Highly analytical, quantitative orientation and able to learn quickly
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying levels of complexity and communicate status reports, problems, and potential solutions to management and other company employees
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving, decision-making, leadership, oral and written skills
- Understand and appreciate that Nerdy is an apolitical company and that we can have the largest impact if we are united in our focus on helping people learn and not divided or distracted by advancing unrelated causes
- Design, develop, create, document, and test business metrics and insights from informal business ideas or objectives.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of operational data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement
- Develop actionable insights and recommendations to drive operational efficiency and enhance business performance
- Collaborate with stakeholders across departments to streamline existing processes and workflows
- Identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies and propose solutions to improve productivity and reduce costs
- Develop and maintain performance metrics and KPIs to monitor operational performance
- Prepare regular reports and dashboards to communicate key findings and insights to management and stakeholders
- Develop operational cadences, processes, metrics, and reporting to achieve business initiatives and drive operational efficency
- Construct models for measuring and forecasting tutor supply forecasts and retention/churn
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Salary (paid in USD)
- Remote Position
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
Nerdy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.