Social media specialist (US market) - Online Education
We are a global education technology company that connects children with the world’s best teachers for real-time online language Immersion learning.
Our mission is to inspire and empower every child for the future. We believe that education is not one-size-fits-all. Rather, all students are unique, and the world is within their reach when connected with great teachers capable of personalizing learning and sparking curiosity.
Founded in 2013 and formally launched in 2014, we have become a market-leading online education startup, attracting investment from Tencent, Sequoia Capital, Matrix Partners, Northern Light VC, and Bryant Stibel, among others.
We are looking for a results-driven social media marketing specialist to manage and scale our social media presence on leading platforms such as Instagram and Youtube, targeting the U.S. market. The ideal candidate understands the strategic components of social media engagement, empowering positive word-of-mouth “buzz”, and creating brand loyalty. The ideal candidate will also have managed a social media account or community initiatives at scale, using organic and non-promotional resources to drive engagement.
- Plan, design, and manage the VIPKid language learning product social media accounts (Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, etc.) effectively to drive engagement and leads.
- Work with content marketers to create marketing elements with a consistent brand voice.
- Methodically run pilots, A/B tests to identify improvement opportunities.
- Work with HQ product and engineering team to continuously improve our product experience.
- Attend any marketing events when required.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Minimum 3~5 years of working experience in a digital marketing role focused on social media marketing. (Please submit a link to your portfolio with your application)
- Native-level speaker of English, with strong writing skills.
- Ability to efficiently create, edit, and refine content of various formats (text, image, video, etc.)
- Experience in the education industry will be a big plus.
- Expertise with design (Adobe suite, Canva, Figma, etc.), social media management (Sprinkler, etc.), tools in managing content and campaigns.
- High energy, passionate, and deeply empathetic of the customer.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work fast and smart independently.
- An influencer yourself with a strong followership on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, or another major platform.
- Creative writing and design experience.
- Expertise with data analytics and measurement tools
- Competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications and on-job performance (base salary + performance incentive)
- A company committed to developing you personally and professionally.
- Open and fun working environment.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast-growing global EdTech company.