Software Engineering Manager, Rosetta Stone - Welcome
Rosetta Stone, the experts in language learning with products that provide an immersive learning experience for 25 languages, is seeking a Software Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and language learning and the experience to manage a team of talented engineers and provide hands-on technical and project leadership.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule of 3+ days per week in our San Mateo, CA headquarters office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Manage and build a high-performance team by of dynamic and talented engineers
- Enable efficient delivery of amazing enhancements, features and products
- Drive technical excellence across teams, elevating skills and practices from design to release
- Empower and motivate the team, fostering enthusiasm, growth, and professional development
- Illuminate the company's vision, mission, and values, instilling a deep sense of purpose and direction in each team member
- Collaborate seamlessly with the broader development team, prioritizing work and spearheading initiatives for outstanding results
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of direct experience in software engineering with 2+ years of engineering management
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Solid full-stack software development experience working on web applications
- Excellent programming skills in Java or another object-oriented language
- Passion for coaching and developing people
- Strong communication and time-management skills
- Passion for improving language learning through technology
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $170,000 to $220,000 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.