Customer Support Analyst, Marketplace Fraud
IXL Learning’s Customer Services team is seeking an upbeat, customer-focused, and analytical individual to help support our Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) and Wyzant marketplace customers. TPT is the world’s largest catalog of educator-created content, and Wyzant is the nation’s largest community of tutors, covering over 300 subjects.
In this role, you will preserve and protect IXL Learning’s TPT and Wyzant marketplaces and communities through objective policy enforcement, thoughtful community support and education, and implementation of systems designed to swiftly and proactively address risks to our users and community. You will use your communication skills to effectively explain solutions to our customers who are teachers, students, parents, school administrators, and tutors. You will also work closely with engineering and product design teams on continued initiatives to develop and improve IXL’s products and services.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid schedule in our Chicago, IL office. #li-hybrid #LI-TL2
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Review customer reports of unauthorized transactions and suspicious activity and take appropriate action
- Investigate and help resolve account takeover situations
- Investigate cases of fraudulent payouts through Hyperwallet
- Develop and maintain reports related to fraud and unauthorized transactions
- Investigate and action fraud rings: fraudulent sales and fraudulent purchases
- Work with Wyzant and TPT’s seller teams on high-touch seller situations regarding fraud
- Respond to chargebacks
- Collaborate across IXL Learning’s family of brands to refine our approach to policy enforcement, helping to update enforcement standards and policies as appropriate
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking, research, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently
- Energetic, mature, positive person who works well independently and with a team
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Quick learner who demonstrates initiative
- SQL experience is a plus
- Interest in K-12 education including dynamic resources for educators and effective tutoring services!
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.