Language Arts Curriculum Designer, Early Literacy Focus (K-3)
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team and help shape our exceptional K-12 language arts content.
As a Language Arts Curriculum Designer with an early literacy focus, you will design engaging and interactive online problems and collaborate with software engineers, visual designers, and our team of writers and editors to bring your designs to life. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid work schedule in our Raleigh, NC office. #LI-DE1 #LI-HYBRID
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Design and write clear, engaging, and interactive language arts problems to meet specified educational objectives, including assessment items
- Edit user-facing content and collaborate with our team of writers, editors, illustrators, and voice talent to ensure content is fun, accurate, and age-appropriate
- Manage projects and collaborate with software engineers, visual designers, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality language arts content
- Brainstorm ideas for improving IXL’s existing language arts content
- Research and review IXL's alignment to educational standards, common assessments, and popular textbooks or lesson plans
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's in Education, English, Linguistics, or a related field with an explicit focus on literacy. A Master's or Ph.D. is a plus.
- Experience teaching students in Kindergarten through Third Grade how to read using using a structured literacy approach
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of age groups
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new guidelines and software; familiarity with HTML, Jira, or Git is a plus
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words that addresses the following questions: What are some challenges in developing online early literacy content for K-3 students? How might your background and skill set help you address those challenges?
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.