Professional Learning Facilitator - Midwest and Northeastern US
Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary-school and more than 1 million middle-school students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Our instructional materials – including 450+ hours of digital math learning – are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school and district- and statewide licenses and professional development to support implementation.
Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid. Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
If you love working with elementary and middle school math teachers, leading professional development, and are hungry to further build your instructional leadership skill set, the Zearn Professional Learning Facilitator role is right for you. Zearn Math is seeking excited and passionate professional learning facilitators to lead professional learning with Zearn teachers and administrators from all across the country.
Your responsibilities will be challenging and diverse. You will start by immersing yourself in a Zearn facilitator training, getting the opportunity to be trained by a Zearn expert facilitator. You will then dive right in by leading professional development sessions both over video conferencing and in person for district teachers and leaders around the country. To grow your own skills as a leader of adults, you will participate in team professional development and individualized coaching. As a result of this effort, you’ll benefit from seeing teachers you’ve worked with effectively implement Zearn Math.
Ultimately, your facilitation will have a significant impact by helping millions of children develop a love of learning math.
What This Role Will Do:
Preparation & Instruction
- Participate in facilitator training and become an expert in the approach and implementation of Zearn Math
- Prepare for facilitation of administrator and teacher training sessions (e.g., internalize provided session plans, prepare materials, practice with other facilitators)
- Provide Professional Development Facilitation to our scholastic partners in Tennessee and the Eastern time zone during business hours
Professional Development & Support
- Attend facilitator training in order to deepen understanding of the professional learning, meet with other facilitators and practice effective and engaging techniques to use in your training sessions.
- Analyze and reflect on survey data after each session to make aligned shifts in preparation for subsequent facilitation
- Debrief instructional strengths and growth areas from session observations and survey data in a virtual meeting with a coach or manager.
- Engage in practice before sessions with other facilitators to prepare for facilitation.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- 5+ years of teaching, leading professional learning or other relevant experience (ie. instructional coaching, team facilitation, etc.)
- Strong relevant content area knowledge is preferred (e.g. math instruction, adult pedagogy, supporting diverse learners)
- Experience utilizing Zearn as a teacher or leader is strongly preferred
- Comfort working in a highly collaborative environment, with excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints and feedback with a focus on reflective practice and innovation
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner and teammate
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
This role is remote and will focus on providing professional learning sessions to the Midwest and Northeastern US. It will require 50% - 90% travel and therefore proximity to one of the following hub airports is required:
- Boston (BOS)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Cleveland (CLE)
- Detroit (DTW)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- NYC area airports (JFK, LGA, EWR/Newark)
Additionally, this role will need to accommodate a flexible workday and will be facilitating training sessions largely–but not exclusively–during Eastern time zone business hours.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, a generous Holiday policy and a flexible PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
TO APPLY: https://apply.workable.com/j/7E17420C4E
Something looks off?