Marketing Operations Specialist
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Marketing Operations Specialist (Austin TX Based, Remote)
Reporting to the Sr. Growth & Operations Manager, the Marketing Operations Specialist is responsible for measuring and evaluating marketing performance, supporting demand generation and integrated marketing campaigns, informing strategic planning and budgeting, and improving overall marketing process, technology, and workflow.
In this role, the Marketing Operations Specialist will leverage existing data to provide early insights into best practices and new trends that guarantee data quality across marketing metrics and operations. The Marketing Operations specialist also plays an active role in the enhancement of all marketing operations in order to facilitate lead generation, nurturing, and implementation.
What You’ll Do:
- Process Management - identify, design, and document scalable processes that enable the marketing team to be more effective in their daily work and drive alignment within the department as well as organization-wide.
- Performance Measurement - monitor performance, develop insights, make recommendations and implement optimizations across MQLs, pipeline, content, channels, and campaigns. Maintain the creation and development of custom dashboards that represent individual program performance.
- Infrastructure - own, maintain and improve our marketing tech stack. Work with all of Revenue Operations to manage the health of our database and our lead management process.
- Segmentation - manage list segmentation to deliver more targeted and relevant messaging to improve engagement and ultimately conversion of prospects.
- Lead Management - support marketing and sales revenue goals by maintaining our lead management process, including lead lifecycle, and lead scoring programs.
- Data Management - work closely with all of Revenue Operations to ensure data is syncing seamlessly in Hubspot and other systems for accurate and up-to-date attribution, lead management, and reporting.
- Ensure compliance - ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and company policies, such as GDPR and CCPA.
Who You Are:
- Proudly passionate about marketing optimization and data
- A master project manager who can balance priorities effectively
- An avid learner who is as excited about systems, data, and testing as much as wins and results
- Crazy about lead generation and delivering a highly engaging, tailored experience
- An energetic, optimistic collaborator who wants to join a team of people who love to break records
- 2+ years of experience in a Marketing or Marketing Operations function
- Hubspot proficiency required
- Understanding of Marketing Automation systems
- Strong understanding of modern marketing processes and technology capabilities around the following areas: Marketing Workflow, Lead Management and Engagement, and Data Management
- High motivation with an eye for details, and passionate about improving technical delivery and data quality
- Positive attitude, curious, knowledge sharer, strong communicator
- Self-motivated and excellent project management skills
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- A sense of humor. We believe work should be rewarding, and we like to have fun!
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Something looks off?