VP of Marketing
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: VP of Marketing
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will set Interplay’s strategic vision to become a category defining company. You are highly creative and you’ll be ready to contribute big ideas to innovate and elevate the company’s position in an underserved, global market.
You’ll have the following expertise to drive our next phase of growth: large enterprise go-to-market (solutions and product marketing), sales enablement, and company positioning.
Why this position:
- Maximum impact
- Product viability and powerful momentum
- Explosive growth (150+ employees, Post Series B)
- Established marketing team (approximately 15) with defined process, strong management and reliable execution
- We are expanding our verticals, solutions, geographies and deal size!
What you’ll do:
- Leadership: With initiative, inspiration, and vision, lead all marketing functions including corporate/digital/channel marketing, sales/field enablement, demand generation/content strategy, product marketing, product launches, go-to-market strategies, PR and events/industry trade shows. You will identify talent needs, hire and manage a high-performing integrated marketing team.
- Brand Positioning: You will drive the evolution of our brand positioning that resonates across the category and to individual vertical segments. You will promote the company as an innovator to the press and public and oversee outbound communications.
- Thought Leadership & Content: You will learn this industry quickly, develop thought leadership, and speak to prospects, to customers, and at events on topics surrounding labor workforce development, careers, and ed tech. You will lead marketing content strategy and establish the company as a thought leader through unique and compelling content – delivered through traditional and digital channels (online campaigns, PPC/SEM/SEO, social media, video and email).
- Measurement: Advance marketing funnel and conversion management systems that translates into achieving revenue and CAC unit economics targets. Execute robust optimization testing program to lead marketing data analytics and ROI analysis for campaigns and channels. Provide market research, competitive analyses, campaign results, and trends to create actionable insights, forecasts, and budgets.
- Sales Enablement: Partner with the VP of Sales to drive improved sales win rate with compelling offer management, field enablement tools, and competitive messaging.
- Product / Solution Marketing: Drive launch and promotion of new products and product features with the product team and new solutions/services with the Customer Success team. Set clear goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption.
- Cross-Functional Execution: You will collaborate and lead across the organization. You will represent the voice of the customer within the organization, bringing your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, user experience, engineering, and executive leadership.
- Global Expansion: You will develop plans to efficiently enable sales to sell our product and solutions globally.
Who you are:
- Creative: Experience conceptualizing and running highly creative activations. Ideas that lead to breakthrough and disruptive innovation come easily to you.
- Forward Thinking: You don’t only rely on what worked in the past; you prefer to see around corners and plan for the future. You take initiative to identify, understand, and execute the largest challenges to achieve growth.
- A “T Leader”: You have broad experience across many aspects of marketing and have led functions where you’re not an expert.
- Big Picture: You understand company growth is holistic and expands far past just acquisition and performance marketing. You understand how brand purpose and company position accelerates growth, and you know how to prioritize activities that keep the company positioned as the leader.
- Experimental: You understand that any initiative is a hypothesis and look for non-traditional tests to measure impact and turn the testing flywheel faster.
- 10+ years of well-rounded, SaaS marketing experience
- An advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred
- Expertise and experience with large enterprise go-to-market strategy (solutions and product marketing), sales enablement and company positioning
- Reputation for innovation and a proven track record
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Something looks off?