Account Manager - Customer Success
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM)
We are currently seeking a proactive and results-driven Customer Success Account Manager to oversee our extensive portfolio of small business (SMB) customers. This position will play a pivotal role in fostering positive customer relationships, promoting retention, ensuring customer satisfaction, and driving business growth.
This role is perfect for a person who loves working with customers in a fast-paced environment and is interested in getting started in Customer Success at a rapidly growing SaaS start-up.
Can be 100% remote or if local to Austin hybrid in office/remote.
Why this position:
- Meaningful, impactful work
- Mission-driven company
- Passionate, collaborative team
- Drive business growth and customer loyalty
- Innovative product - EdTech, VR, AI
What you'll do:
As a Customer Success Account Manager, your primary goal will be to ensure that our small business customers are getting maximum value from our products and services. Your ability to build and nurture customer relationships will be instrumental in driving customer loyalty and business growth. If you have a customer-first mindset and a knack for managing multiple accounts, we would love to hear from you.
- Manage a large volume of small business customer accounts, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Provide superior customer service by promptly addressing customer inquiries, solving problems, and providing expert advice.
- Deliver product demonstrations and trainings to help customers maximize utilization of our services.
- Develop and implement customer success processes that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor customer usage and account health to proactively identify and mitigate any issues.
- Leverage customer feedback to identify opportunities for product or service improvement.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to provide seamless service delivery and improve the overall customer experience.
- Provide regular updates to management on account status, potential risks, and growth opportunities.
- Advocate for the customer internally by communicating customer needs and concerns to appropriate teams, including product development and sales.
Who you are:
- Thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly adapting environment
- Confident communicator who enjoys phone and email conversations
- Comfortable presenting 1:1 and to large groups
- Ability to initiate a conversation, communicate value and handle objections
- Smart and engaging email copywriter
- Build rapport quickly through asking great questions and active listening
- Highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Self-motivated problem-solver, driven to succeed
- Team player and passionate customer advocate
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Customer Success Account Manager or similar role managing customer relationships
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to build and maintain meaningful customer relationships
- Strong analytical abilities to identify trends and patterns in customer behavior
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without stipulations and be residents of the United States.
- If your application looks like a match, we will send you instructions to record a video to introduce yourself.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.