HR Generalist (Hybrid - Remote + Austin)
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
Since 2016, Austin-based Interplay Learning has been building better training, better careers and better lives for its customers and their employees.
Our award-winning online and VR training for the essential skilled trades, including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Solar, Multi-Family Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance workforces, is scalable and more effective than traditional training methods. By leveraging immersive learning technology, Interplay’s customers are able to train and practice hands-on learning from a desktop, phone, tablet, or in virtual reality. The result is a highly trained employee who is job-ready in weeks, not years.
Our digital experiential learning platform, SkillMill, conveniently turns any space into a training lab with its short video courses, 3D simulations, knowledge checks, coaching, community, and connectivity.
Recent accolades include recognition by Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards in the Education, General Excellence, and On the Rise categories as well as the Built-In Best Places to Work in Austin award.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Built-In, Best Midsize Places to Work In Austin 2023
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: HR Generalist
We’re in search of a resourceful HR Generalist who has a strong passion for people and culture to support our People Operations department. This position will provide company-wide HR support with an emphasis on streamlining policies and procedures to ensure a reliable and smooth employee experience.
The HR Generalist will report to the Director of People and have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, training and development, and compensation and benefits.
Why this position:
- Immediate exposure and ownership of key processes
- Ability to provide insights and make an impact
- Hybrid work schedule, employee-led (remote and Austin, TX office)
What you’ll do:
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Support the ideation and implementation of people processes and programs this may includes but is not restricted to onboarding, performance management, benefits, talent management, employee programs, and engagement surveys
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Manage the pre-boarding and onboarding processes to ensure new hires have a positive experience and are seamlessly integrated into the company culture
- Cultivate relationships with employees and managers to gain valuable feedback on employee experience/engagement and team effectiveness, leading to critical insights for action
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Ensure hygiene of employee data by updating employee data, changes and conducting periodic reviews for accuracy and compliance
- Provide reporting to track key people metrics and derive actionable insights for opportunities or risks. This includes analysis of surveys, hiring and attrition
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, intranet, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
Who you are:
- Self-starter, proactive, demonstrates sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Motivated problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to see things through to the end
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of GSuite, HRIS systems (preferably Rippling), and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Strong understanding of HR practices, labor laws, and regulations
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without stipulations and be residents of the United States.
- If your profile looks like a potential match, for the next step we will ask you to record a one-way, video intro (a link with instructions will be sent).
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are interested in us, passionate about your work and think you would add value in this role, we encourage you to still apply. We'd love to consider you.
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Remote-first culture and flexible hours
- Learning resources and annual learning reimbursement
- Family-friendly policies
- Generous vacation policy includes 3 weeks of PTO, 1 week Winter Break, holidays and sick days
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Mental health and wellness resources
- Virtual/in person social events
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.