Director of Marketing (K-12)
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is searching for a Director of Marketing (K-12) to join our Varsity Tutors for Schools team. This role will be a critical part of expanding Varsity Tutors’ K-12 institutional business and will help us drive partnership opportunities with schools and districts across the country. We are looking for someone with experience in the creation of engaging marketing content, messaging, and campaigns at national, state, and regional levels. We need someone with experience building and deploying outreach tools, driving leads, and tracking ROI via a CRM. The Director of Marketing needs to be well-versed in the K-12 education landscape, including funding, education events, state initiatives, demographics, and the procurement process for K-12 schools, which will help inform our overall marketing and sales strategy. This individual will use a process-driven approach to drive organic growth of the business and will be adaptive to developing new procurement strategies in the remote K-12 market.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Bachelor level degree
- 7+ years marketing experience within the education market with strong emphasis on working with K-12 School Districts
- Strong messaging and storytelling skills that resonates with educators and highlights the different points along the customer journey
- Proven CRM experience and history using marketing/lead gen tools that integrate with our CRM and can effectively target K12 school districts
- A deep understanding of procurement processes within K12 school districts
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate the value propositions of Varsity Tutors to different audiences and in a variety of formats
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer relations skills and high emotional intelligence
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, deadline-oriented, organized, resourceful, and has the ability to coordinate projects from start to finish
- Creative, strategic, and passionate about public education
- Understand and appreciate that Nerdy is an apolitical company and that we can have the largest impact if we are united in our focus on helping people learn and not divided or distracted by advancing unrelated causes
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns targeted to national and geographic regions as well as target district influencers including lead generation, brand awareness, and customer advocacy
- Accurately track ROI of all marketing-related activities, communication, and opportunity tracking in CRM
- Work effectively across sales to develop Go To Market (GTM) strategy and campaigns to drive revenue and support product launches
- Manage the development of sales tools and training that support the selling process of our products and services.
- Partner with the product organization to develop product messaging, website content, and sales collateral to effectively communicate the Varsity Tutors products and Value Proposition within the K12 space
- Monitor Varsity Tutors long-term product roadmap and plan future messaging and marketing collateral
- Join sales and customer service reps for client meetings to develop an understanding of the needs and “the voice” of our customers
- Lead and support the creation of Varsity Tutors Sales Proposals / Presentations / Research Studies / White Papers / Marketing Collateral
- Drive market and customer research collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Lead customer advocacy activities in the field, including identifying power users and partnering with them to share the VT story (build reference account list)
- Organize and prioritize both National and Regional conferences with effective messaging and ROI (Once Covid protocols have lifted)
- Construct virtual marketing events and drive the correct VT targeted audience to attend these virtual events
- Get speaking/ panel slots for VT Leadership at conferences (virtual or on-site)
- Partner with Varsity Tutors PR team to help drive press and social media reach for the K-12 division
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Salary plus Equity in the Company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.